Being involved in a car accident that caused you to sustain bodily injuries is not an easy thing to go through. You must face many decisions when something like this happens.
Before you contact the insurance companies or a Long Island car accident attorney, any serious injuries or bodily harm you endured should be addressed.
If you are involved in a car accident that causes you to sustain bodily injuries, the first thing that should be done is to obtain the medical care that your injuries require. Not only should this be done in order to manage your health, but this is also crucial documentation for your case. It is your responsibility to make sure your injuries do not become more severe as a result of not obtaining the care you needed right away.
What to Expect
It is common for auto accident victims who sustain injuries to experience anxiety, depression, or physical limitations. It is important for injured people to do what is in their power to remain positive and try not to stress about the situation too much. Stress causes changes in the body’s immune system, digestive system, sleeping patterns, and reproductive systems.
It is in your best interest to take steps to properly manage your stress following an injury. Review the following list to help cope with stress:
- Recognize the signs of stress, such as interrupted sleep, increased alcohol and other substance use, becoming agitated easily, depression, and reduced energy levels.
- Talk to a medical professional. Attain the necessary healthcare for our new or existing conditions.
- Exercise regularly. Get active however you can for 30 minutes or more every day to elevate your mood.
- Try relaxing activities. Try meditation or gentle exercises such as yoga or tai chi.
- Set goals and priorities. Don’t take on more than you can realistically handle.
- Stay connected. It can help to talk issues out with trusted loved ones.
When you become injured in a car accident, you should only have to focus on getting better. The experienced attorneys at The Odierno Law Firm are ready to tenaciously negotiate on your behalf so you can recover the compensation you need and deserve for medical costs, lost wages, and more.
Scott F. Odierno, partner at Odienero Law firm, was born in Bronx, New York, in 1967, and moved to Long Island in 1973. After graduating from Brown Univeristy with his Bachelor’s Degree in 1989, and New York Law School in 1992, Scott joined The Odierno Law Firm. Scott is admitted to practice law in Federal Court in both the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, in addition to all New York State Courts. Scott’s legal practice includes all aspects of Long Island personal injury, including auto accidents, truck accidents, labor law, scaffolding injuries, and more. Find out more about Scott on his profile page, or view any of his social media profiles below: