Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident? Call (631) 250-4212 for Expert Legal Assistance
A pedestrian accident can be extremely serious and result in severe injuries such as head injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, and spinal cord damage. Many pedestrian accidents are caused by vehicles, but injuries can also occur when walkways aren’t properly maintained or there are unmarked hazards. If you were hit by a car or otherwise injured in a pedestrian accident, speak with an attorney from our Long Island office to find out if you qualify for personal injury compensation.
Three Reasons to Choose Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Two Generations of Attorneys Working for You – Our family-owned firm has more than 150 years of combined legal experience and over 45 years of experience working with courts, judges, and insurers in the Long Island area
- No Upfront Costs – Your case starts with a free consultation, and you only pay us if we win your case
- Extensive Experience and a History of Success – We have handled thousands of cases and hundreds of trials, winning millions of dollars in compensation for our clients
Schedule your free case evaluation today by calling The Odierno Law Firm, P.C. at (631) 250-4212. We can meet with you in our welcoming office or virtually in the comfort of your own home.
Representing Pedestrian Accident Victims
A majority of the people who are injured in pedestrian accidents are children and seniors. Ensuring that an elder or child in your family receives the medical care they need following an accident can make a difference in how long it takes for them to recover. It can even prevent them from suffering permanent disabilities. Even if a pedestrian is in perfect health, the effects of an accident can still be permanently damaging, and at The Odierno Law Firm, P.C., we believe that all victims of pedestrian accidents in the Long Island area deserve compensation and justice. Our legal team will use testimony from medical experts when preparing your claim and seek maximum compensation to cover expenses.
Common Pedestrian Injuries Include:
- Medical treatment
- Home care
- Pain, suffering, and emotional trauma
Determining Fault in Pedestrian Accidents
New York law states that pedestrians injured in an accident are entitled to varying degrees of compensation depending on the causes of the accident and which part is determined to be at fault. While in many cases it is clear which party is at fault and compensation is distributed accordingly, some situations fall into legal grey areas, where both parties or even no party can be found at fault, and you could find yourself receiving less compensation depending on the degree to which you are found responsible for the accident. Under New York law, pedestrians are always entitled to some form of compensation, even if they are at fault, our attorneys can help you receive the highest possible payment.
Examples of Negligent Pedestrian Behavior that Could Cause an Accident Include:
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Walking along highways or other non-pedestrian paths
- Not using sidewalks when available
Examples of Negligent Driver Behavior that Could Cause an Accident Include:
- Driving under the influence
- Disobeying traffic laws, signs, or speed limits
- Not respecting pedestrian right-of-way rules
- Distracted driving, including taking phone calls or texting while driving
- Illegal parking
- Reckless behavior in parking lots
- Obstructing pedestrian vision with their vehicle
Fighting for Long Island’s Pedestrians
We will work hard to achieve a fair settlement, including taking your case to court if necessary. Our injury attorneys on Long Island are compassionate and caring legal professionals and will provide whatever support and assistance you need. We understand that this is a trying time for the victim and the victim’s family, and we take every measure to ensure that your settlement or award can cover the myriad of costs associated with a serious injury. We offer a free consultation to all prospective clients, and we do not charge our clients unless we can recover financial damages for them.
Call The Odierno Law Firm, P.C. at (631) 250-4212 to learn more about how our attorneys can help you in the aftermath of a devastating pedestrian accident!
Dedicated To You
We are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve for the injuries you have sustained. We are determined to fight for you. We have a no recovery, no fee policy, so you don’t pay unless we win.Contact Us
- You Will Not Pay Us Unless We Win Your Case
- Our Firm is Backed By Trial Success & Client Satisfaction
- We Will Review Your Personal Injury Claim For Free
- We Have Over 150 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Winning Compensation for Long Island’ Pedestrian Accident Victims
Seeking compensation on your own can be frustrating if you are unfamiliar with personal injury laws and the procedures insurance carriers follow when evaluating a claim. Worse still, some insurance companies deliberately make the claims process confusing and complex in the hopes that the victim will think it’s not worth the trouble and settle for less than he or she is due. At The Odierno Law Firm, P.C., our Long Island injury attorneys have more than 150 years of combined experience and a proven track record of success. We will vigorously pursue any damages that you are due.