Hold Property Owners Accountable – Call (631) 752-8580
When someone is visiting a commercial enterprise, government office, private home, or other location, it is assumed that the area will not be hazardous or dangerous. There are countless cases, however, in which innocent individuals are injured because of a lack of maintenance, inadequate security systems, or other forms of property negligence. When an injury occurs in such a case, it is crucial that you contact a Long Island premises liability lawyer.
Many of the injuries suffered can be very serious, including fractured bones, sprains, strains, head and brain injuries, and severe spinal injuries. At The Odierno Law Firm, P.C., our legal team has extensive experience in premises liability cases and pursues maximum compensation for the damages suffered by victims of negligence.
Why Choose The Odierno Law Firm, P.C.?
- Our lawyers have more than 150 years of combined experience and 45 years of experience within Long Island’s legal system
- Two generations of family practicing law for your benefit
- We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements across thousands of cases and hundreds of trials
- You have no upfront costs and no out-of-pocket fees – your first consultation is free, and we don’t get paid unless you win your case
Schedule your free case review today by calling (631) 752-8580 or by contacting our Long Island office online. We offer appointments virtually and in-person for your convenience.
What is Premises Liability?
In US and New York State Law, premises liability refers to the legal accountability of a landowner or occupier for injuries occurring on their property. According to rulings made by the appellate court of New York, even owners of public spaces such as stores or office buildings have a responsibility to ensure that their property is safe and free of hazards. If you or a loved one are injured or have your personal property damaged due to negligence or improper property maintenance, the owner of the property your accident occurred on can be sued for damages and compensation.
Common Hazards and Areas of Negligence Include:
- Wet floors
- Damaged or uneven stairs, walkways, or ramps
- Defective handrails
- Poor lighting or other visual obstructions
- Floor obstructions
- Faulty electrical wiring
- Manufacturing escalator or elevator injuries
- Building code violations
- Lack of proper security or security negligence
- Unsupervised recreational areas such as swimming pools or children’s climbing structures
- Construction-related hazards
- Perilously stacked objects or merchandise
Assisting with Multiple Types of Premises Liability Cases on Long Island and Beyond
Slippery or wet floors, dangerous objects, toxic fumes, security failures, uneven stairs, and many other instances of negligence can lead to serious accidents. As each case has unique circumstances and degree of injury, the situation must be analyzed by our legal team to determine what damages will be included in the claim or lawsuit. The Odierno Law Firm, P.C. has extensive experience dealing with all forms of premises liability cases, and we can help you determine the best course of action for your unique situation.
We’ll Strive to Get You Compensation for Injuries Like the Following:
- Elevator accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Parking lot assaults
- Fallen object injuries
- School or playground injuries
- Snow or ice-related injuries
- Trip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drownings
You Will Work with a Team You Can Trust
Our investigators, expert witnesses, and scientific experts provide testimony and statements in order to verify fault and establish the extent of damage. If the case must go to trial, you can be assured that it will be fully documented, thoroughly researched, and pursued with skilled determination.
Our attorneys are experienced in court and are prepared to fight for our clients at trial if a fair settlement is not reached. We are aggressive when seeking compensation for our injured clients and provide outstanding legal representation in premises liability cases.
To speak with a Long Island premises liability attorney who will aggressively pursue compensation for damages, call our legal professionals at (631) 752-8580 today.
Dedicated To You
We are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve for the injuries you have sustained. We are determined to fight for you. We have a no recovery, no fee policy, so you don’t pay unless we win.
- You Will Not Pay Us Unless We Win Your Case
- Our Firm is Backed By Trial Success & Client Satisfaction
- We Will Review Your Personal Injury Claim For Free
- We Have Over 150 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Millions Won for Our Clients
When you’re dealing with an injury caused by an accident on someone else’s property, it can cost you a lot in medical bills, lost wages, and emotional damages. Let our experienced attorneys get you the compensation you need. We have a record of successful cases that have earned our clients the payments they deserve after the accidents they’ve suffered, and as they themselves can tell you, we mean it when we say we’ll fight tirelessly on your behalf.